Monday, October 20, 2014

Almost Perfection!

This past week I had an amazing training week.  Quite possibly my best ever.  The main reason behind that is that I only missed one work out, which for me, sadly enough, is huge.  I only missed my swim on Wednesday.  But I don't even care, because I got all 5 strength trainings in, 4 runs, and 2 hard bikes.  And the kicker?  I felt great through all of it!  My body held up well, I felt great physically and mentally I felt like quite the rock star.

If I can keep up this great momentum, I will be ready for IMTX!  I love it when I get into a good groove, and I am determined to keep it going.  I know that the inevitable will happen, that thing called life, but I am thrilled with such a good week. Not only did I do all the work outs, but they went well.  I nailed the intervals on the runs.  I was able to increase the weight on some of the strength exercises that I do.  I was able to nail the intervals and have a solid Zone 2 bike ride and I didn't feel like crawling into a fetal position and dying when I finished a Sufferfest video earlier in the week.  Yes, I call all of those a success!

So, here's to more great training.  I enjoyed my regular Sunday rest day yesterday and I hit the gym again this morning, both for strength and a treadmill run.  Who would have ever thought that I would enjoy treadmill runs?  Ok, maybe enjoy isn't quite the word I am looking for, but I tolerate them.  I have found that by breaking them up with intervals and good music I can handle up to 45 minutes without wanting to hurt anyone.  And, it is nice to get the entire workout done in one shot, strength immediately followed by the cardio.

That's it for this Monday, Happy racing and training all!

No comments:

Post a Comment