Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rainy ride


I've had my Belle for 2.5 years now.  But, today I had a first with her.  We got rained on during a ride.  When I left my house for what was supposed to be a 30 mile ride, it was a bit cloudy, but nothing too bad.  It didn't take long however for it to get darker, I heard the first rumble of thunder and it started to rain.  I wasn't sure how to take this.  On one hand, I have to admit, it was kind of fun!  I love running in the rain, so this was along those same lines of enjoying it!  But then I have heard my Dad talk about how mucked up your bike can get and how if you don't clean it up after the crap on the roads can get in all the bike parts and wear them down faster.  Well, with that in mind I decided to cut it short.  I really don't know how to clean my bike as well as my Dad can and not wanting to do that, I headed home, but I did enjoy it while I was out there.  I did have to take my sunglasses off seeing as how they don't have wipers on them.  I could hear the rain beating against my helmet and that was kind of cool.  I was surprised that I wasn't nervous about the roads or anything!  I did however get nervous about cars being able to see me and all with it being darker and wet, but I made it home safe and sound.  I am thinking I may have to learn how to clean my bike better, cuz that was fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love to run in the rain, but I HATE riding in the rain personally! Glad you had zero problems. As for cleaning your bike, I usually just give it a good wipe down after my long rides. I don't "detail" it

    ReplyDelete