Friday, May 30, 2014

Flashback Friday

I missed Throw Back Thursday on the blog, so here is my Flashback Friday.  It is me after my first race EVER...the Bear Lake Half Marathon in June 2010:

 
 
WOW!  I was so clueless!  Look at me in all cotton for this race!  And apparently I had never heard of a Bondi band for my hair, or at least a ball cap or visor!  Little did I know that would be the first of many more races, more finisher's medals, the start of a new addiction, and the start of many positive changes that I would make in my life over the next few years. 
 
 
Some things haven't changed since then.  I still am too hard on  myself.  I struggle at times to stay motivated.  I am still trying to lose junk in the trunk. But, I realized that day that I can do hard things, not just in running and races, but in life as well.  My family is still my biggest cheerleaders.  Ken is still incredibly patient as well to listen to me non-stop talk about running, triathlon, races, training, etc.  But, I can honestly say that this was a pivotal moment in my life that has led to many more good things.  Let the journey continue!
 
 
In the meantime, Happy Training and Racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment