Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week 1

It's been a very long time since I have used an actual training plan that wasn't just something I concocted myself based on what I felt like doing, or other plans my friends did, or ones I have done in the past.  Now, for the first time in over 2 years I am following structured plan mainly to train for the St. George Marathon, but also for LOTOJA with several tris mixed in.  The main goal is the St. George, but believe me, I am not taking my focus off of the tris.  The marathon training will only strengthen my performance in those races, and the cross training that comes with the cycling and swimming will only help my running.  Beautiful thing!

So, I hit every run this week.  That doesn't just mean that I did them, I nailed the paces, the distances, etc.  I finished the week out with a 12 mile easy run at a pace of 11:10.  Granted, whoever calls anything over 8 miles easy, is nuts, but either way, I finished it with a pace of 10:14 :)  I was happy with that because I felt like I was in a natural and comfortable pace, and not taking it too easy or too slow, and I still was faster than it called for. I was grateful the weather cooperated and was a nice sunny day with low wind and about 65.  Perfect!  The only thing I would have changed is I would have preferred for my Ipod to wait till after I got home to die!

However, it wasn't a perfect week. I may have nailed all my run work outs, but I skipped both swims this week.  I just couldn't get my butt out of bed.  No excuses, it is what it is.  I am going to swim on Tuesday and Wednesday of this coming week, and maybe even Friday if it is an easy one as I do have Little Red Century Ride Saturday.  We'll see.

What's next?  I am super excited about the fact that Monday is a race my whole family is participating in!  We are doing the Memorial Day Classic 5k, Ken and I are doing the 5k, and the kids are doing the 1 mile kids run.  I noticed that my current 5k PR is two years old.  I am hoping for a new one!

Till then, Happy Training and Racing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment