Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Time flies when you're having fun!

Wow! Has it really been since Thanksgiving since I posted? Since then, let me update you on my life in all things fitness and otherwise related.

First thing that has happened is that I completed my ATP program, or the program I am going though to get my teaching licensure. This greatly impacts my fitness/racing/Tri life in that it is going to free up a tremendous amount of time! I'm so excited to have my Monday and Wednesday nights back and not to mention all the time that I have returned to me with no more studying and doing homework! I look forward to being able to fit a few extra workouts in every week. Woohoo!

Second, I finished the Insanity workouts. They really kicked my butt! I ended up losing a ton of inches, and 13 pounds. It was really nice to go to Denver and see my Mom who actually made the comment that my butt looked smaller. Mission accomplished! Well, partially anyhow, I still have some work to do, but I am thrilled with the progress I have made.

Secondly, we had Christmas! It was so good this year! We went and saw my parents as I mentioned above and it was so fun. I even snuck in a few runs while we were there, and it is always fun to log miles in a new place. It was very cold though, as it is back here in Utah, so that affected my motivation to get out the door as well as my speed. However, one benefit of Insanity is that it allowed me to be in the comfort of my own home and not need to brave the elements. That is about to end now that SBR training is back in full gear!

Speaking of SBR, here is the Tri related gift I am most excited about.....drum roll please....I got a new trainer! I used some of the money we got for Christmas and bought it. I must say that I did have some reservations about getting one. The first of which is that I know how much I hated the dread mill that I used to have and I wondered if this wouldn't be the same thing. But, unlike running, biking is not doable with the ice and snow. I can navigate much better on my feet through it all and can do sidewalks, etc on foot. On bike, however, it just doesn't seem safe. So, if I want to train at all on my bike, this was my only option. I set it up and tried it out for an hour this morning, and the time flew by as I caught up on my DVR! This is going to be great! I can hardly contain my excitement!

I am putting the finishing touches on my race plan for 2013. I am really excited about it, and will reveal more later. One thing I have decided though, I am not racing with any company that doesn't provide medals. Any of you that read this know I am all about the race bling, so I am sticking with races and organizers I know that do them. Shallow, I know, but it is what it is. Call me bitter about only getting ONE Tri medal out of four possible last year, but I have to add to my bling :)

More coming soon, but in the mean time...

Happy training all!


No comments:

Post a Comment