Tuesday, September 25, 2012

T-11

T minus 11 days until the St. George marathon.  This isn't a race that I REALLY wanted to do, I didn't have my heart set on it at the start of the season and honestly through my name into the lottery thinking I was really good either way with whether or not I got in, and half way hoping I would not.  After all, the training is a beast!  I have gone back and forth since I found out I got in on whether or not I REALLY want to do it, and even considered backing out a couple months ago.  Read about that here.

Well, I have put in the work, the long training runs, and I even feel somewhat more prepared in that I have also cross trained a ton with the triathlon training, and am feeling really good about this race.  I have had some good runs lately, and am just feeling good all over about it!

Who am I kidding?  I am so excited!  I am proud of every race that I have completed, but NOTHING is like 26.2.  There is something in finishing a marathon.  It is such a challenge, such a huge accomplishment, that even though I have completed three others, it is still humbling, and exhilarating all at the same time to think about doing it again.  You have to respect the distance.  If you are not prepared, it can get very ugly.  

And, of the 26.2's that I have done, St. George is my favorite.  They have it down to an art form.  It is like the Holy Grail of Utah races, and I am so fortunate to be able to conquer this beast yet again.  I am in the taper mode at this point in training for it, so I am putting in the work outs knowing that the worse of the training is behind me.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment