Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Olympic irony

So I have been totally wrapped up in the Olympics this year. Ken and I have been watching them an insane amount, literally every minute that NBC broadcasts as we are DVRing it, and when we are both home in the evening we watch our way through it all.  I have been amazed at how I become an instant expert at every sport, like I have a flipping clue, and we give our "expert" observations on everything from swimming to the table tennis.  I have even been fascinated watching the rowing!  Ken on the other hand likens watching road cycling like "watching traffic" and wishes they would just get the coverage to the good parts, the crashes.  Yeah, I know, pathetic!  I have learned so much about swimming in particular and it has been my favorite to watch.  I am carefully watching everything the swimmers do from how many strokes they do per length, their amazing flip turns, how often they breath, on what side, you name it!  I love it!

Anyhow, the irony of all of this is that I have only worked out 4 times since the Games started.  Isn't this kinda opposite of what it is supposed to do?  You would think that watching these amazingly fit and talented athletes compete at what they do best at would inspire me to get my fat arse off the couch and go out there and get better at what I attempt to suck less at.  Nope, quite the opposite.  I am sucked in like a vacuum cleaner every night and we are loving every minute of it.  Forget the fact that I have several events coming up in the next month! I think the zipper on my pants will be thankful when the Games are over, if it can make it that long!

Happy Training all!

No comments:

Post a Comment