Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Beginning....

I have had a family blog now for four years. I have loved it!  My favorite thing is when I print the annual blog book and it is like having a family year book of everything we did that year.  When I took up running just over two years ago, I started adding that as well.  However, as much as I like having a public running blog (because I LOVE reading them) it doesn't work when you want your family life to be private.  I had quite the eye openning experience to Google my kids and see hundreds of pics of them pop up, all of which had been on my blog.  So, we still have that one, and it is private, and this one Run and Tri Mommy was born!  It will basically be all about my training and running experiences, and my adventure of entering the triathlon world!

I considered copying and pasting some of my running entries off the other blog, but that would take forever.  So, it all just starts now and here!  I am way excited about it!

I have completed 3 half marathons, 5k's, and 3 full marathons.  I also completed the Ragnar Wasatch Back 200 mile relay this past year.  I have loved what running has brought to me.  It has literally changed my life, with the physical benefits being the least of them.  I feel like I always need new goals to reach for and when it comes to the athletic side of me, I feel that now that I have conquered the distances in running that I can (or care to...no ultras for me) I have decided why not tri?  I have the running part down.  I swam in junior high and swam laps regularly for exercise all through college.  The only area that I have no experience is the cycling aspect, but I have always wanted to, so here we go!  I have officially registered for the Women of Steel sprint triathlon in Lehi on May 19, 2012.  I am so excited!  A sprint tri is usually around 300-500 meter swim, a 12-15 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.  This particular one was attractive to me for many reasons.  One, it is an all female event.  I have had a few friends complete this one and they said it was great.  Then, who can beat a race where they have chocolate, Diet Coke, and silver finisher's necklaces instead of medals?  Not that I mind medals, I am becoming quite fond of my collection :)

So, over the next few months I will be branching out from my running to incorporate swimming and cycling to my routine.  I am currently doing strength training with Jillian Michaels videos every morning, and may even try Insanity after the first of the year.  But for now, thanks for following my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment